In 1979, our membership was open to people working in Victoria’s fire services and by 1992 it was extended to include emergency services sector, including ambulance and health.
We tailor our wide range of products and services to support the specialist role you hold in our community. Over the years we’ve assisted many emergency services employees with savings, loans, insurance, financial planning and budgeting requirements.
We applaud the important work you carry out across the state of Victoria, and we look after you by providing low fees, competitive rates and the personalised service you deserve.
We also understand your career can be demanding – so we regularly visit your workplace to assist you with your banking. It’s all part of our commitment to helping you maximise your financial wellbeing.
Ask one of your colleagues about us.
“I found the service absolutely fantastic from day one. When I ring up, I actually talk to someone who listens. The service is really responsive. And that’s why I haven’t gone anywhere else.”
Andrew, Emergency Services
As a BankVic member who works in emergency services, you’ll benefit from:
- specific products and services designed for emergency services staff, such as the AEA-V Income Protection Scheme
- regular workplace visits from dedicated Member Relationship Managers serving the emergency services sector
- free budgeting service
- free financial education information sessions
- access to financial planners who understand your industry
- information stands at every station and workplace, with all you need to conduct your day-to-day banking.
Did you know?
We are committed to serving those who work in emergency services.
- The majority of current emergency services staff our members.
- We attend Ambulance Victoria and Country Fire Authority orientation programs.
- We support a range of initiatives to benefit ambulance and emergency services employees.
- We are the only bank in headquartered in Victoria directing our services to the emergency services sector.
- We have a longstanding relationship with the Ambulance Employees Association - Victoria.
- We also have relationships with a range of other community organisations, providing valued support and assistance to your sector, and others.