To join BankVic as a member, you must be:
- A police force member
- involved in health, emergency or public services
- family member of a person admitted under (1) or (2) above
- working within 5km of our offices
- introduced by an existing member of at least 12 month standing
- approved by the Chief Executive Officer or an Executive Manager of Police Financial Services Limited
- a corporate body (Contact us on 13 63 73 for more information).
Before you apply we recommend that you read the following important documents:
|3 easy ways to apply
To apply for a membership online, you must reside in Australia and be 18 years of age or over.
- Individual/Joint Adult Membership
- Retrieve a saved application
If you're under 18 years of age, please download the Youth membership (PDF) form and return your completed form to:Reply Paid 90210
Melbourne VIC 8060
Call 13 63 73 option 3
8am-7pm, Monday to Friday
Visit a branch
Remember to bring appropriate identification documents with you to open a new membership.
Member identification and certification
- If you're applying for a membership at a BankVic branch, you will need to confirm your identity by presenting original documents at the branch or to someone who is qualified to certify copies of these documents.
The certifier will also need to complete our Certification form which enables us to confirm that they are able to certify copies of original documents. The Certifier can be a Police Officer, Legal Practitioner or Justice of the Peace.
Appropriate identification documentation
- For example, Drivers Licence, Passport and birth certificate. Should you need assistance with appropriate documentation please contact Service & Sales on 13 63 73.
Appropriate documentation must contain current residential address (where appropriate) and any documents that contain a different name must provide additional documentation to show your change of name (marriage certificate issued by an office of Births, Deaths and Marriages).
When instructing us, transacting on accounts or using other bank services, all members will be identified by means of signature comparison.
You can also apply for a contact centre password that will allow you to access accounts and other services we provide via the telephone, and an internet banking password that will permit you access to your account(s) online using a computer or mobile device.
For security reasons, we strongly advise all members to keep their passwords and account numbers in safe and separate places.
- The password may also be used for identification purposes when we cannot verify a member's identity by way of signature comparison.
- When there is more than one signature required to complete each transaction or instruction, the password facilities may not be available.