VAU & AEA-V Income Protection Scheme
The Victorian Ambulance Union Inc. (VAU) and The Ambulance Employees Association of Victoria (AEA-V) are policy owners for the BankVic Income Protection product.
Features and benefits of the Scheme
- Automatic acceptance for new members
- No medicals
- Only a 30-day wait period
- Benefits payable for up to two years, ceasing at age 67
- Premiums are 100% tax-deductible
- Worldwide cover
- Premium waiver while receiving benefits - VAU and AEA-V - IP claim
- Competitive premium rates
- Benefits are 75% of gross salary
- Partial disability benefits to assist a return to work at no loss to you after a claim
- Payment of premium available as pre-tax salary packaging deduction*
|Age of member at join/review date
||Premium as a % of income
|35 - 39
|40 - 44
|45 - 49
|50 - 54
|55 and over
The above information is only a brief summary of some of the policy benefits and terms and conditions. You should read the AEAV Product Disclosure Statement (PDF) and VAU Product Disclosure Statement (PDF) to understand the policy and ensure it is appropriate for your needs.
For more information, please call on (03) 9268 9313 or email VAU@bankvic.com.au or AEAV@bankvic.com.au
Things to consider
- Ongoing VAU and AEA-V Income Protection Scheme insurance through Lloyd's of London via your union.
- The policy does not cover any injury or illness covered by workers compensation.
- If you leave the plan, there is no guaranteed option to continue your own individual policy.
How to claim
For claim information, including claim application forms, please call BankVic on (03) 9268 9313 or email AEAV@bankvic.com.au or VAU@bankvic.com.au
Please refer to the AEAV Product Disclosure Statement (PDF) and VAU Product Disclosure Statement (PDF) for further information regarding the Scheme.